Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Tree of Life

I've been listening to worship music this afternoon. Just kinda meditating and reflecting while doing housework. A scripture came to mind that I've been reflecting on lately..."Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life." ~ Proverbs 13:12. I, like many others I'm sure, have been able to quote the first part of this scripture for a long time. It wasn't until recently that I began to focus on the entire thing. This was brought to my attention by Bill Johnson. He is the Pastor at Bethel Church in Redding, CA. He is my favorite teacher to listen to, besides my own Pastor Bob Petersen. In fact, Pastor Bob has used this scripture recently in his sermons. So, I got a clear picture of this scripture today. I think, anyway. It fits where I'm at. We absolutely have to have hope. When we finally get to the place where we can feel like we've finally plugged into our "destiny" so to speak, that's when it becomes a tree of life. Not saying we have all our ducks in a row, or all the details worked out, or we've "arrived." But truly plug into what God has called ME to be. The picture I got today was from the movie, "Avatar." I thought of how they literally connected with the hometree. We've got to be continually fused into our "dance" with God. That's another place I've come to lately...feeling like I'm dancing "with" God...in step with Him...thinking how He thinks...anticipating "our" next move. I've learned the dance. I'm not waiting to be invited on the dance floor. I'm not getting my toes stepped on as much anymore. I take time each day to learn His steps and it flows naturally. It feels good. Continually knowing He's my source of hope. I'm never without it.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Rhonda. This is so true with me as well. I'm finally starting to get my ducks in a row too and learning to dance with Jesus. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete