Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Am Light



Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. (Genesis 1:3)

A couple of years ago I was listening to a friend of mine, one of my favorite teachers, Pastor Daryl Boucher. In the middle of message on a different topic he pointed out the fact that God said "let there be light" on day one of creation, but didn't create the sun, moon, and stars until day four. Pretty interesting, huh? It has always stuck with me. And Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." Now we're representing Him on this earth. 1 John 1:5 says, "God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." So, if I'm created in His image, being Jesus on this earth, then I'm light, too, right? I like to look at it this way... If every source of light is cut off then in the midst of all the darkness we should be the source of light. Like literally. The Divine DNA in me will light the world.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment