Saturday, June 22, 2019

Wise Owl


I was asked a few days ago if I was still blogging. Yeah. Kinda. It's been a while. So today I asked God what He wanted to say if I sat down to write. I was reminded that a friend of mine calls me a wise owl. I've always kinda chuckled about it, but thanked her for the compliment. Okay, God, so that doesn't answer my question. Then I was reminded of a scripture that I've been thinking about and the old Tootsie Pop commercial. Some of you may be too young to know what I'm talking about, but the kid wants to know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of the tootsie pop. He asks around and finally ends up asking the owl. The owl has the "hands on" approach to the answer. How many of us ask this person and that person and check what our favorite celebrity or preacher thinks about it? I'm not saying those things are wrong, but in the end, what do I say about it? Maybe this is why my friend sees me as the owl. I don't rely on everyone else's opinions, but dig in and find the answers. So, do I think I'm the all knowing, I've got the answers, and everyone else is wrong girl? Quite the contrary. But my answer for me is not necessarily your answer for you. In my opinion, scripture is the final deciding factor. But scripture can't be interpreted correctly without relationship with the author. Philippians 2:12 tells us to "work out our own plan of salvation," as I learned it in KJV, "with fear and trembling." But that never settled right with me. Why fear? God tells me not to fear. Then I read it recently in TPT, "...Now you must continue to make this new life fully manifested as you live in the holy awe of God—which brings you trembling into his presence. God will continually revitalize you, implanting within you the passion to do what pleases him." It's in His presence, or relationship with Him, where you develop that trust with Him in His awesomeness. We work it out together. Yes, we can be blinded by life experiences. We all are.  The more time you spend with Him the more that stuff falls away and the more clearly you see. We cannot put the expectations and parameters of our relationship with Him on someone else. Each of us must figure it out for ourselves. Do you know someone that you think is "doing it wrong?" Do they have a relationship with God? If so, trust Him. He knows what He's doing and they will work it out together. I'm not saying we can't have defined lines of what we believe is right and wrong, especially if the Word is clear about it. But let's not forget that what Jesus said to sum up the law and the prophets in Matthew 22:37-40 TPT, "Love the Lord your God with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, and with every thought that is within you.’ This is the great and supreme commandment. And the second is like it in importance: ‘You must love your friend in the same way you love yourself.’ Contained within these commandments to love you will find all the meaning of the Law and the Prophets.” When we are doing that and trusting God that He is working the relationship from His end, we are able to love like He loves.

Thanks Lori and Kim for the friendship and inspiration.
Here's the commercial in case you're still wondering what the answer is... 


3 comments:

  1. I actually remember that commercial! And you are the wise old owl! I love this and you! Keep writing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely remember that commercial and calling you a wise owl. Taking in everything with speaking much about what you discover. Although it is all in there just waiting for someone to ask you directly. Nice blog....keep doing you and we will all do us. That is what makes us uniquely created for our own calling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant without speaking much of what you were discovering. Haha...need to pay closer attention to my typing.

    ReplyDelete